[Bug 415023] Re: brightness is broken on MSI WIND U100
swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Thu Jan 7 05:44:42 UTC 2010
For me, on a Wind U100, the BIOS upgrade DOES solve the problem, when I
* Upgrading using the method in comment 264 did NOT solve the problem
for me. The BIOS setup screens claimed the new BIOS was installed, but I
still had the problem.
* Upgrading the BIOS using FreeDOS on a USB memory stick, and MSI's own
BIOS upgrade .exe file (included in the .zip you download containing the
BIOS image) DID work for me. I notice that many command-line options are
passed to the BIOS upgrade app by flash.bat, some of which tell the app
to upgrade things other than the main BIOS image. FreeDOS on USB memory
stick instructions from
* After the upgrade, I have just 5 (not 4) brightness levels; when at
max/min brightness, you can press the brightness down/up hotkeys 4 times
to get 4 *other* levels, so the original plus 4 others is 5.
* The GNOME app (system / preferences / power management) gives me 9
levels of brighness.
* Hence, something is still not quite right. However, at least the
current situation is a lot less annoying.
brightness is broken on MSI WIND U100
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to kdebase-workspace in ubuntu.
More information about the kubuntu-bugs