[Bug 503196] [NEW] Kate uses wrong encoding
luksfer at poczta.onet.pl
Tue Jan 5 02:27:53 UTC 2010
Public bug reported:
I saved a text file with some Polish characters with utf-8 encoding (I
checked proper option in "tools>encoding") . When I open it as a second
file (or I open named session) encoding goes wrong, precisely Polish
characters are replaced with some Far East characters (Chinese?).
Obviously that is not what I want (and expect).
Additional information: when I open the file I choose "UTF-8" in
"encoding" field. In settings section called "open/save" encoding is set
to utf-8 and encoding autodetection is disabled (but it is all the same
if it is set to unicode).
I can provide more information if needed.
OS: Ubuntu 9.10
Kate's version: 4:4.3.2-0ubuntu1
Date: Tue Jan 5 01:16:42 2010
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
Package: kdelibs-bin 4:4.3.2-0ubuntu7
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-14.48-generic
Uname: Linux 2.6.31-14-generic x86_64
** Affects: kde4libs (Ubuntu)
** Tags: amd64 apport-bug
Kate uses wrong encoding
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to kde4libs in ubuntu.
More information about the kubuntu-bugs