[Bug 342671] Re: Doesn't support installations which require a removal
matthias at nlinux.org
Sat Apr 17 22:23:39 UTC 2010
You may look at this page: http://packagekit.org/pk-intro.html
Basically, PackageKit allows applications to interact with the package
manager without knowing exactly what it is (yum, apt, zypper etc.).
It basically provides those advantages:
* Boot time security updates
* Installing files automatically, e.g. openoffice-clipart
* Installing new features, e.g. smart-card readers
* Allowing unprivileged users to install software in a corporate build
* Opening unknown file formats
* Removing dependencies for files
It also has a lot of other benefits, check our Richard Hughes summary on
the pkit website.
Doesn't support installations which require a removal
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to kpackagekit in ubuntu.
More information about the kubuntu-bugs