[Bug 447801] [NEW] system updates cannot be done
zlorenzini at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 10 06:04:32 UTC 2009
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: kpackagekit
1. Start KPackageKit.
2. Go to the "Software Updates" tab.
3. Click "Select All Updates" button.
4. Click "Apply" button.
5. System checks, then asks to install dependencies.
6. Click OK.
7. Pop-up: "Failed to update package lists - KPackageKit" with contents "You do not have the necessary privileges to perform this action."
8. Click OK.
9. First time displays crash and asks to report. When you tell it to report it says it was unable because the error occurred before apport could gather information. This does not happen on subsequent attempts.
Result: System cannot be upgraded!
Date: Sat Oct 10 00:58:17 2009
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
Package: kpackagekit 0.4.2-0ubuntu2
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-11.36-generic
Uname: Linux 2.6.31-11-generic x86_64
** Affects: kpackagekit (Ubuntu)
** Tags: amd64 apport-bug
system updates cannot be done
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to kpackagekit in ubuntu.
More information about the kubuntu-bugs