[Bug 323442] [NEW] Jaunty Kubuntu alpha 3 installer bugs
chris.bainbridge at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 00:45:16 UTC 2009
Public bug reported:
Testing Kubuntu alpha 3 live CD and install on Thinkpad T42p with dock, external monitor, wifi.
Boot live CD and install on a fresh partition (so no homedir/upgrade issues).
Various bugs related to the kubuntu installer:
* At end of installer with target partition already mounted - "Partition
is mounted. Would you like to try unmounting again?". Clicking yes dumps
back to step 3 of 7 "Where are you?". Needs better handling of umount
* Installer - step 5 manual partitions - changing partition, click on
format checkbox, does not update "Used" field. It should be updated to
show the new status 0MB.
* Installer - step 7 reports swap is going to be formatted. Format swap
checkbox was clear in step 5.
* After install, knetworkmanager settings are not copied from live
desktop to hard disk. Have to be re-entered. Should be copied.
* After install, on reboot get "Incomplete Language Support" error, click on error message tries to fix by downloading something, but fails. System settings->Regional and language shows Country % region: not set, language is unset.
The installer should set this up properly. The regional keyboard is set up ok, so something is odd here. Regional settings are British location, keyboard etc.
** Affects: kubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)
Jaunty Kubuntu alpha 3 installer bugs
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to kubuntu-meta in ubuntu.
More information about the kubuntu-bugs