[Bug 334657] Re: Subpixel/Lcd mode with VRGB/VBGR makes qt4 applications on Jaunty unreadable
james.ellis at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 12:32:08 UTC 2009
Just to chime in, I got this on a fresh update to Jaunty on an old
testing system (before upgrading production systems). I thought my
locale had been set to Hittite or something like that ;)
Tried the following:
1. Alter nvidia driver (96 - it's an old system) to nv (no change)
2. Remove extra nvidia parts of nvidia xorg.conf settings (no change)
3. Removed plasma* in .kde/share/config (no change)
4. Moved aside .kde, restart kde (no change)
5. Used another notebook to help me navigate to the font settings, turn off antialiasing at a wild guess - fonts come back but ugly of course
6. Changed VBGR to BGR or RGB in sub pixel hinting, restart X (hint: set dontzap option to false in ServerFlags of Xorg.conf), login, fonts are back.
Attached a photo just to illustrate the problem for completeness.
I'd agree it's not a good ad for Kubuntu but I think it would only
happen on upgrade and if VBGR/VRGB was selected in the previous setting.
** Attachment added: "DSC07797.JPG"
Subpixel/Lcd mode with VRGB/VBGR makes qt4 applications on Jaunty unreadable
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to qt4-x11 in ubuntu.
More information about the kubuntu-bugs