[Bug 270777] Re: unable to copy music from an MTP device
oxmosys at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 14:48:25 UTC 2008
** Description changed:
- Binary package hint: rhythmbox
+ Current rhythmbox in intrepid is unable to copy/read music from my MTP
+ player. It is still able to list the content of my MTP device and to
+ detect/eject the device but not to transfer music from device.
- Only since today, Rhythmbox is now unable to copy/read music from my MTP
- player. It is still able to list the content of my MTP device and to
- detect/eject the device.
+ This is a regression that cause ubuntu users to suddenly be unable to
+ use their music device in intrepid while it worked perfectly in gutsy
+ and hardy.
- Downgrading to rhythmbox 0.11.6svn20080903-0ubuntu2 or even
- 0.11.6svn20080807-0ubuntu2 using diffs and pbuilder does not fix the
- bug, so it's unsure if the regression is really caused by rhythmbox or a
- rather a library used to build rhythmbox.
+ This regression has been fixed in current rhythmbox trunk and the
+ proposed patch import upstream fix to ubuntu. Since it only fix bad path
+ and URI functions in rb-mtp-source.c, it cannot introduce other
+ important regression in rhythmbox itself and it is very unlikely to
+ cause regression in mtp plugin as well.
- Starting rhythmbox in a terminal and trying to copy music from the MTP
- device gives revelant informations about the problem :
+ TEST CASE :
- zxz at zxz-desktop:~$ rhythmbox
- PTP: Opening session
- WARNING: LIBMTP_Get_Tracklisting() is deprecated.
- WARNING: please update your code to use LIBMTP_Get_Tracklisting_With_Callback()
- (rhythmbox:5552): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Cannot get free space at /tmp
- /Yellowcard-Grey: Opération non prise en charge
- rhythmbox complains that it is not able to get free space in /tmp..
- However, there is 4.0 Gb of free space on the current partition and /tmp
- folder permissions are correct :
- drwxrwxrwt 16 root root 4096 2008-09-16 02:16 tmp
+ 1. Open rhythmbox (if not enabled, enabled MTP plugin in plugins options).
+ 2. Plug your MTP music device.
+ 3. Try to copy one music file from your device to your music library.
** Attachment added: "debdiff for intrepid-proposed"
** Attachment removed: "rhythmbox_0.11.6svn20081008-0ubuntu5.debdiff"
** Summary changed:
- unable to copy music from an MTP device
+ [SRU] unable to copy music from an MTP device
[SRU] unable to copy music from an MTP device
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to kdepim in ubuntu.
More information about the kubuntu-bugs