[Bug 150333] Re: Kubuntu does not have the same "magic" than Ubuntu
usrrgt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 16:19:54 UTC 2008
** Description changed:
GNOME had more lacks than KDE. Ubuntu's developers have solved it, and
the proof of this is that in Ubuntu's 7.10 GNOME already it is not
necessary to open a terminal to configure the system.
For it, I think that now it is the moment to offer a bit more of
contribution to the Kubuntu project, and to obtain this way a distro as
perfect as Ubuntu, but with the whole potential that KDE offers (¡It 's
possible rip audio CDs with "copy & paste"!), which will be, undoubtedly
(in my opinion), the definitive desktop.
With this I want to say, that, you should put the same "magic" simultaneously in both distributions.
An example: It has been necessary to wait to kubuntu 7.10 to have GDebi-KDE (GDebi is in GNOME since Ubuntu 6.06).
They are a lot of automations that are not in Kubuntu, but yes in Ubuntu. For it, my request for to have in Kubuntu the same magic that exists in Ubuntu, and at the same time.
Kubuntu Hardy Catchup: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kubuntu-hardy-catchup
- Ubuntu brainstorm idea:
idea #478: Support Kubuntu and KDE the way you support Ubuntu and GNOME: http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/478/
Here, the list of features:
== NOT YET IMPLEMENTED in Kubuntu ==
- [Low: Ubuntu 7.04] Information balloons for bad USB extractions.
- [Low: Ubuntu 7.10] Ubufox, but for Konqueror.
- [Low: Ubuntu 8.04] "There is a package manager working" tray icon.
- [Wishlist: Ubuntu ≤ 6.06] Option to view the version of Kubuntu that you are using (Bug #230762).
- [Wishlist: Ubuntu 6.06] ubiquity-kde does not close installer's main window when it is installing the OS (Bug #148715).
- [Wishlist: Ubuntu 6.06] When kdesudo requests the password, the rest of the screen must fade to grayscale like with gksudo.
- [Wishlist: Ubuntu 7.04] Migration assistant for ubiquity-frontend-kde.
- [Wishlist: Ubuntu 7.10] fast-user-switch-applet.
- [Wishlist: Ubuntu 7.10] Run displayconfig-gtk with BulletProofX (in Kubuntu, her displayconfig).
- [Wishlist: Ubuntu 8.04] PolicyKit.
- [Wishlist: Ubuntu 8.04] PulseAudio by default. GUI for PulseAudio too.
== IN PROGRESS ==
- [Critical: Ubuntu 6.06] Better package manager (better Adept).
== IMPLEMENTED since Kubuntu 8.04 ==
- [Ubuntu 7.04 → Kubuntu 8.04] Automatic codec installation.
- - [Ubuntu 7.04 → Kubuntu 8.04] Desktop effects.
+ - [Ubuntu 7.04 → Kubuntu 8.04] Desktop effects tool.
- [Ubuntu 7.10 → Kubuntu 8.04] AppArmour.
- [Ubuntu 7.10 → Kubuntu 8.04] Automatic printer installation.
- [Ubuntu 7.10 → Kubuntu 8.04] BulletProofX (http://wiki.ubuntu.com/BulletProofX).
- [Ubuntu 7.10 → Kubuntu 8.04] NTFS partitions mount with sudo dialog.
- - [Ubuntu 7.10 → Kubuntu 8.04.2 & 8.10] apturl, but for Konqueror with Adept (Bug #227622).
+ - [Ubuntu 7.10 → Kubuntu 8.04.1+ & 8.10] apturl, but for Konqueror with Adept (Bug #227622).
+ - [Ubuntu 7.10 → Kubuntu 8.10] Desktop effects enabled by default.
I trust that you will not leave Kubuntu delayed, like it has been till now.
I would like to make reference to bug #1.
Thank you for Kubuntu, it's the only O.S. that I used every day and I installing to my friends.
I wish the best you, to give the best us.
Kubuntu does not have the same "magic" than Ubuntu
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to kubuntu-meta in ubuntu.
More information about the kubuntu-bugs