[Bug 123957] Re: Kmix volume control don't work with OSS-linux
seajey.serg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 12:15:43 UTC 2008
** Description changed:
Binary package hint: kmix
- I'm using M-audio Revolution 5.1 in kubuntu 7.04, kde 3.5.7
+ I'm using M-audio Revolution 5.1 in kubuntu 8.04, kde 3.5.9
- Because of alsa bug <a href="https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-
- bug/view.php?id=1754">#1754</a> I had to switch to OSS sound driver
+ Because of alsa bug:
+ I had to switch to OSS sound driver (oss-linux_v4.0-1003_i386).
First, Kmix didn't start automatically.
After launching it manualy all sliders are at their maximum and what
ever I do they are always return to maximum.
- The only way to adjust sound volume is to use ossmix in terminal or
- ossxmix if you want GUI. But ossxmix is written with Gtk1 and can not be
- docked in tray.
- Some times it (ossxmix) causes xorg to eat additional 20-30% of CPU
So, how can I make Kmix to work in a proper way?
Kmix volume control don't work with OSS-linux
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Team, which is subscribed to kdemultimedia in ubuntu.
More information about the kubuntu-bugs