[Bug 59560] Re: [gutsy dapper edgy feisty] Kmid - NO sound comes out
fabien at juchniewicz.eu
Thu Nov 1 09:05:22 UTC 2007
This is no problem ! Kmid is only a .mid/.kar reader : It is not design
to produce any sound but to transmit "midi events" to software or
hardware synth using alsa-senquencer capabilities.
You need to plug a hardware or software synthesizer to hear any sound.
The synth have to be General Midi (like fluidsynth..).
So a small tuto :
1. Install fluidsynth, jackd, qtjackctl...
2. Launch qjackctl, press play
3. Launch fluidsynth and load a General Midi soundfont
4. Launch kmid and choose the fluidsynth midi device
5. Load a midifile in kmid and enjoy.
[gutsy dapper edgy feisty] Kmid - NO sound comes out
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Team, which is a bug contact for kdemultimedia in ubuntu.
More information about the kubuntu-bugs