[Bug 114510] [feisty] no error show to user when X server (re-)start fails
oak at helsinkinet.fi
Sun May 13 21:18:43 UTC 2007
Public bug reported:
- Kubuntu: Feisty Fawn 7.04
- kdm: 3.5.6-0ubuntu2
- Make an error in xorg.conf
- Restart X server from KDM
- old-timers: user is returned back to console
- all: they get an error message that tells X server couldn't start
- Screen flickers from KDM to the bootup logo. There's no explanation why.
(One can see it from the X log only, so it took a while from me to understand what had happened)
When there's a grave error, either the actual error messages from the
failing thing or some other more end-user friend error message ("X
window system could be (re-)started") should be shown. As X doesn't
start, the error message needs to be shown on console (maybe in red
below the bootup logo...).
** Affects: kdebase (Ubuntu)
[feisty] no error show to user when X server (re-)start fails
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Team, which is a bug contact for kdebase in ubuntu.
More information about the kubuntu-bugs