[Bug 89140] Re: File association settings are not found under System Settings
Juan Carlos Torres
carlosdgtorres at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 01:33:08 UTC 2007
*** This bug is a duplicate of bug 50320 ***
Marking as a duplicate of bug 50320
1. Since Konqueror is the file manager, it's only logical that it should
have the settings to manage file associations. I believe this is how it
is done in other operating systems or desktop environments.
2. KControl is still installed by default, but not put in the K Menu.
You can still launch it w/ Alt+F2, kcontrol.
3. To be fair, people come into the #kde channel not knowing where to
set File Associations either. And they're coming from different
4. We can never really be sure. People coming from GNOME or Windows
might look into the File Manager's settings first.
For your proposed solutions:
1. This is possible, but still needs to be discussed. The people who rearranged System Settings are involved in Open Usability and KDE's HIG (Human Interface Guidelines) working group, so their input would be needed.
2. This is probably not an option, as it would be even more confusing to
have 2 default apps.
3. kcontrol is already installed and is a dependency of kubuntu-desktop.
File association settings are not found under System Settings
More information about the kubuntu-bugs