[Bug 80434] Re: DISPLAY of local language problem in some part of Kubuntu Edgy
marco.laverdiere at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 18 19:42:59 UTC 2007
** Description changed:
Binary package hint: kdebase
This report is not about a portion of Kubuntu/KDE that has not been
translated by the translation team. It's about a DISPLAY problem that I
- observe with some of ,y laptops running Kubuntu Edgy. Some of these
- laptops are set to use French Canadian and others set to use Spanish. On
- all these systems, I can observe that some particular and rare parts of
- KDE menus or dialogs are still displayed in English.
+ observe with my laptops running Kubuntu Edgy. Some of these laptops are
+ set to use French Canadian and others set to use Spanish. On all these
+ systems, I can observe that some particular and rare parts of KDE menus
+ or dialogs are still displayed in English.
Up to now, I can point to the following menus and dialogs:
- contextual menu for an icon on the desktop, for the commands copy, cut, delete;
- name of de devices under "save as" or "open" dialog box;
- dialog box for unlocking a session or swithing to an other user, that appears once a session has been locked and someone touches the sreen or mouse.
I did check and can confirm, as an exemple, that the dialog box for
unlocking a session or swithing to an other user, that appears once a
session has been locked and someone touches the sreen or mouse, is
completely (100%) translated in French. See:
However, even if the translation is completed, the dialog box still
appears in English in Kubuntu Edgy.
Other problematic portions are so obvious (eg. "copy", "cut", "delete"
terms for KDE desktop icons contextual menus) that it is quite sure that
- they also have been translated, but that they are not correctly
+ they also have been translated, but still, they are not correctly
This report is the second one I made. The first one
(https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdebase/+bug/78787) has been
rejected, based on the wrong perception that I was reporting a missing
translation problem, which is not the case. Again, this report is about
a display problem that seems to affect only Kubuntu Edgy. Kubuntu Dapper
was (and it's still) working fine for that mather.
DISPLAY of local language problem in some part of Kubuntu Edgy
More information about the kubuntu-bugs