[Bug 39376] Re: Konqueror/Krusader doesn't hide backup files
manuellopezibanez at yahoo.es
Fri Sep 22 11:45:55 UTC 2006
I have updated the description for several reasons:
1) This has nothing to do with GNOME.
2) There is a backup file type defined in KDE already.
3) I provide a testcase.
I hope you agree with the changes.
** Summary changed:
- Konq Doesn't Hide *~ files
+ Konqueror/Krusader doesn't hide backup files
** Description changed:
- GNOME programs often create backup files with the ~ extension. For
- example, if I had a file called ToDo that I editted in gedit, a ToDo~
- would probably be created. *~ files are hidden in nautilus and even in
- BASH. Konqueror and the file open/save dialogs should respect ~ backup
- files and hide them.
+ An option to show/hide backup files similar to the option for showing
+ hidden files. There is already a file type "Backup file" defined in KDE
+ that includes "*~" and "*.bak" among other filename patterns.
- This will help Kubuntu incorporate more smoothly with Ubuntu.
+ Steps to reproduce
+ 1. Right-click on Desktop
+ 2. Create new text file (TODO)
+ 3. Save file
+ 4. There are two new files in the desktop (one is a backup file TODO~)
Konqueror/Krusader doesn't hide backup files
More information about the kubuntu-bugs