[Bug 41720] In dapper, kdm should depend on kubuntu-default-settings or have a different default theme
e.j.postma+launchpad at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 08:59:53 UTC 2006
Public bug reported:
Affects: kdebase kdm (Ubuntu)
Priority: (none set)
When installing kdm, its default 'Theme' setting in /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc,
line 450, is /usr/share/apps/kdm/themes/kubuntu. This directory is
provided by the kubuntu-default-settings package, but kdm does not
depend on it. So kdm should depend on kubuntu-default-settings. (Or the
default theme should be 'circles' which is included in the kdm package,
but hey, then what has the kubuntu theme been developed for.)
* Install ubuntu or xubuntu (or possibly edubuntu, not sure)
* sudo aptitude install kdm
--> in debconf select kdm as default dm
* when kdm starts, you see an error message: 'could not find /usr/share/apps/kdm/themes/kubuntu' or something like it.
* when you click OK, an unthemed kdm appears.
* A nice themed kdm without error message.
In dapper, kdm should depend on kubuntu-default-settings or have a different default theme
More information about the kubuntu-bugs