[Bug 36256] Re: gtk2-engines-gtk-qt causes GNOME-panel to crash upon startup and causes Gnome to look ugly
florian.zeitz at gmx.de
Sat Apr 1 22:11:59 UTC 2006
While this packages is important for gnome apps to look good in KDE, there is a list of problems it causes in gnome when KDE and gnome are both installed.
I felt it was neccessary to list them to show how important this issue really is:
- Menu's highlights are blue in all themes
- KDE icons are used in some places in all themes
- Buttons and menus in OpenOffice are only displayed on mouse over
- Scroll bar in firefox is not the Themes one and doesn't work as expected
- Scrollwhell on mixer-applet works in reverse
Of course I can't really proof this is all related to gtk2-engines-gtk-qt, but all this issues were gone as soon as I removed it.
gtk2-engines-gtk-qt causes GNOME-panel to crash upon startup and causes Gnome to look ugly
More information about the kubuntu-bugs