APPLIED/Cmnt: [SRU][Noble][PULL] Noble upstream stable patchset 2026-06-08
Nicolas Dichtel
nicolas.dichtel at 6wind.com
Wed Sep 30 09:03:16 UTC 2026
Le 29/09/2026 à 20:50, Alice C. Munduruca a écrit :
[snip]
>> Thanks for the quick reply and the details.
>> I took a quick look at the "noble" git tree, but I didn't find the fix there. Is
>> it publicly visible somewhere?
>
> Not yet. As far as I know, the patchset has been prepared locally, but
> has not yet been pushed to the upstream stable git repository for
> noble. [3] It will drop there before it migrates to the official noble
> repository.
>
> That migration will only happen after the corresponding upstream
> stable update pull request appears on this mailing list (with "Ported
> from the following upstream stable releases: v6.6.151, v6.12.103") and
> is applied by the SRU Cycle Lead.
>
> At that point the timeline I pointed to above goes into effect.
> Currently, we expect the patchset with your fix to be applied before
> next Wednesday, although there is no guarantee.
>
>>
>>>>
>>>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=dcb0f9aefdd6
>>>>
>>>> Should I open a launchpad entry to request a backport to the noble (6.8) kernel?
>>>
>>> No launchpad bug is thus necessary, although thanks for letting us know :)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Nicolas
>
> Hopefully this helps to clarify my previous message!
Yes, thank you very much!
Nicolas
More information about the kernel-team
mailing list