Unknown kernel change from kernel 6.2.0-24-generic

John Hayes jdhayes.linux at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 18:03:20 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I wanted to speak up on an issue that I am having with a recent change
to kernel 6.2.0-24-generic that for me, results in my boot with either
6.2.0-25-generic or 6.2.0-26-generic resulting in a failure to fully
boot. I am running Kubuntu 23.04 with the stock kernel and my
configuration is:

Operating System: Kubuntu 23.04
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.104.0
Qt Version: 5.15.8
Kernel Version: 6.2.0-24-generic (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 64 × AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core Processor
Memory: 125.6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Radeon RX 580 Series
Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name: TRX40 AORUS MASTER
System Version: -CF

Right before the booting process freezes it references no Intel sound
driver and no USB devices, again, this was not an issue until
6.2.0-25-generic.

I am presently running 6.2.0-24-generic daily 24/7 with no issues. Are
there any log files I can send to help isolate the kernel configuration
change?

--
Cheers,
John Hayes