[SRU][L/unstable][L][K][J][J/oem-5.17][J/oem-6.0][J/oem-6.1][F][F/oem-5.14]PATCH v2 0/1] Force-pass the passage of time test in rtcpie

Andrei Gherzan andrei.gherzan at canonical.com
Mon Feb 20 13:04:55 UTC 2023

Buglink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1814234

SRU Justification:

[Impact]

* This test can fail selftest on various test hosts in our testing
  infrastructure forcing us to keep hinting releases. This leads to
  maintenance burden for a test that is unreliable as it depends on the
  context of the running host.

[Fix]

* Force-pass the test included by upstream in
  0b63accf87225b5eb7e52814c374cf02d733d4bb. We have chosen to keep this
  test but to force its result unconditionally successful as opposed to
  reverting the aforementioned commit because:
  1. it keeps running the test with results and data that we can use in
     the future for any "smarter" way to deal with it - eg. statistical
     approach
  2. it minimizes the maintenance burden of this patch kept in our
     kernel trees

[Test Plan]

* It was tested in clean VMs.

[Where problems could occur]

* No regression expected and the scope is in this specific selftest.

v2:
* fix Buglink reference

Andrei Gherzan (1):
  UBUNTU: SAUCE: selftest: rtcpie: Force passing unreliable subtest

 tools/testing/selftests/timers/rtcpie.c | 4 ++--

2.34.1