[SRU][F][PATCH 0/1] xfs: Fix deadlock between AGI and AGF when target_ip exists in xfs_rename()
kellen.renshaw at canonical.com
Tue Mar 29 00:13:50 UTC 2022
* The xfs filesystem suffers from a deadlock issue in kernels < 5.5. This hangs IO to/from the affected filesystem. Sample backtraces added as a comment.
* 93597ae8dac0149b5c00b787cba6bf7ba213e666 93597ae8dac0 "xfs: Fix deadlock between AGI and AGF when target_ip exists in xfs_rename()"
* This is from the upstream 5.5 kernel.
* Set up an Ubuntu Bionic/Focal installation using kernel 5.4.
* Create and mount an XFS filesystem on a block device.
* Exercise the filesystem to verify that IO does not hang.
[Where problems could occur]
* This patch could cause locking issues on XFS filesystems, requiring a system restart to correct.
* Bug is difficult to reproduce, a test kernel on affected systems with the above patch prevented the issue.
* Backports to earlier (4.15 and earlier) kernels have been omitted as the upstream patch does not apply cleanly and the issue has not been reproduced on them.
xfs: Fix deadlock between AGI and AGF when target_ip exists in
fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_dir2.h | 2 ++
fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_dir2_sf.c | 28 +++++++++++++++++++++++-----
fs/xfs/xfs_inode.c | 17 +++++++++++++++++
3 files changed, 42 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
More information about the kernel-team