[PULL V3][SRU][Jammy] Support Intel IPU6 MIPI camera on Alder Lake platforms

You-Sheng Yang vicamo.yang at canonical.com
Tue Mar 15 13:58:06 UTC 2022

On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 8:53 PM Tim Gardner <tim.gardner at canonical.com> wrote:

> This is kind of a big unmerged glob. Do we really want to support this
> for the next 10 years in an LTS ?

Intel will not upstream this driver until reimplemented based on the
still under development kernel camera API. While oem-5.14 is to be
upgraded to hwe-5.15, IPU6 must be supported somehow. Similar has to
be done for each oem related kernels before upstreamed, and we've been
through a few kernel version upgrades. 5.17 port is ready as well.

--
Regards,
You-Sheng Yang