[RFC][PULL][JAMMY/starfive-5.17] New derivative starfive

Dimitri John Ledkov 🏳️‍🌈 dimitri.ledkov at canonical.com
Wed Jun 1 11:51:36 UTC 2022

On Wed, 1 Jun 2022 at 11:01, Paolo Pisati <paolo.pisati at canonical.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 01, 2022 at 10:30:32AM +0100, Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:
> > A new derivative kernel has been prepared linux-starfive-5.17
> > targetting boards with StarFive SoCs like the VisionFive board, but
> > possibly other ones as well. It is based on Alexandre's work &
> > hwe-5.17 kernel.
> >
> > It is pushed into linux-riscv repository, starfive-5.17-next branch
> >
> > Packages for it are building in the build PPA and should be available
> > by end of the week.
> >
> > https://launchpad.net/~canonical-kernel-team/+archive/ubuntu/ppa/+packages?field.name_filter=starfive&field.status_filter=published&field.series_filter=jammy
> >
> > The matching kernel-series.yaml commit is at
> > https://git.launchpad.net/~canonical-kernel/+git/kteam-tools/commit/?id=e67c5e07cd7867cf0c9e9ff4c0a1c8068382fca2
>
> Where do the patches come from? Provenance line is missing, e.g.:
>
> (backported / cherry-picked from commit $SHA $GIT-TREE)

I got most of these patches from
https://github.com/AlexGhiti/riscv-linux/commits/int/alex/visionfive_Ubuntu-unstable-5.17.0-8.8

Some of which in turn came from
https://github.com/esmil/linux/commits/visionfive

And it might be the case that we might end up being the upstream for
these going forward.

I'll ask around if there are better origins for the patches (i.e.
backports from vanilla, backports from riscv trees elsewhere) and I
will try to document as many patches as possible with provenance lines
in the next crank.

--
okurrr,

Dimitri