[SRU][K/Unstable][PATCH 0/1] Support up to 32 CPUs on riscv64
Emil Renner Berthing
emil.renner.berthing at canonical.com
Wed Aug 31 12:24:13 UTC 2022
* Currently our riscv64 kernels don't support more than 8 CPUs.
* The QEMU 7.0 virt machine supports up to 512 virtual CPUs.
* Raising CONFIG_NR_CPUS to the maximum of 32 allows us to use
more of them.
* Run riscv64 Ubuntu in a QEMU virt instance with more than 8
virtual CPUs and see that only 8 of them are used.
* After raising CONFIG_NR_CPUS up to 32 of them should be used.
[Where problems could occur]
* This will allocate slightly more RAM which might hurt very small
Emil Renner Berthing (1):
UBUNTU: [Config] Raise riscv64 CONFIG_NR_CPUS to 32
debian.master/config/annotations | 2 +-
debian.master/config/riscv64/config.common.riscv64 | 2 +-
2 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
More information about the kernel-team