[SRU][K][PATCH 0/4] Align even more RISC-V configs
Emil Renner Berthing
emil.renner.berthing at canonical.com
Wed Aug 24 10:18:22 UTC 2022
* Some drivers are available on other architectures but not on RISC-V.
* Some things might work or look differently in RISC-V.
Eg. RISC-V has an additional terminal font enabled.
* The RISC-V kernel benefits less from testing done on other
* Install the kernel on RISC-V and see what modules and features are
* After aligning the RISC-V kernel config there should be fewer
differences to other architectures.
[Where problems could occur]
* Some options that are disabled on other architectures may be needed
* Some modules or features may be broken on RISC-V.
* When RISC-V config and annotations were added to the generic kernel
the config was copied from the linux-riscv tree without modifications.
This revealed a lot of differences to the other architectures and many
of them were not annotated, so presumably the configs had just drifted
apart over time.
Emil Renner Berthing (4):
UBUNTU: [Config] Align riscv64 CONFIG_LSM with other architectures
UBUNTU: [Config] Enable CONFIG_DRM_RCAR_USE_LVDS for riscv64
UBUNTU: [Config] Enable CONFIG_DTPM for riscv64
UBUNTU: [Config] Set CONFIG_MTD_RAW_NAND=m for riscv64
.../config/amd64/config.common.amd64 | 1 -
debian.master/config/annotations | 34 +++++++++----------
.../config/arm64/config.common.arm64 | 3 --
.../config/armhf/config.common.armhf | 3 --
debian.master/config/config.common.ubuntu | 3 ++
.../config/ppc64el/config.common.ppc64el | 3 --
.../config/riscv64/config.common.riscv64 | 5 +--
.../config/s390x/config.common.s390x | 1 -
8 files changed, 21 insertions(+), 32 deletions(-)
More information about the kernel-team