[SRU][Jammy:linux-intel-iotg][PATCH v3 0/2] i915: Enable HuC authentication for EHL, ICL, and ADL-S
philip.cox at canonical.com
Tue Aug 16 14:20:54 UTC 2022
v2: removed magic number in patch 0002, and clean up commit message
in commit 0001.
v3: added version history to cover letter, and to patch commit messages.
* In the i915 Intel gfx driver, we need to explicitly enable HuC
* This fixes an issue with the Gstreamer media pipeline.
* This only applies to the ICL, ADL-S, and EHL platforms.
* This patch is only for the linux-intel-iotg kernel. We have pulled
in patches from upstream, so the state of this driver is in between
the upstream 5.15 driver, and the upstream tip-of-tree driver.
* Intel has tested this patch.
* I have tested the patch as well.
* To test, the system is booted, and issuing the command:
sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/gt/uc/huc_info
will either return the huc info, or it will display
[Where problems could occur]
* If the installed firmware has been trimmed so that only blobs
that were in use were retained, when the kernel tried to load
the HuC blob, it would fail. This scenario should not happen
unless someone is mucking about with the installed firmware.
If that is the case, other things will likely start failing
More information about the kernel-team