Ubuntu 20.04: linux-image: Versions >5.4.0-42: Nasty problem with ext4 inode quota

Kraus, Sebastian sebastian.kraus at tu-berlin.de
Tue Nov 30 23:55:19 UTC 2021

Hi Stefan,

thanks for your answer and the suggestions. In this case, shame on me, operator gone rogue. I simply forgot to install the additional linux-modules-extra package, which ships the required quota modules. Unfortunately, the error message by itself is not self-expalantory (cf. https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/linux-ext4/patch/20200215012738.565735-1-tytso@mit.edu/).

Best and Regards
Sebastian

_______________________

Dipl.-Chem.