Question in Overriding Config Options

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Thu May 27 18:47:04 UTC 2021

Hi Serapheim,

The easiest way that I can think of is to commit a patch that sets
CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO_BTF=y in debian.master/config/config.common.ubuntu and
removes the CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO_BTF annotations from
debian.master/conf/annotations.

It shouldn't be a big maintenance burden to rebase that patch on top of
each new release. Conflicts (if any) should be minor.

Another option is to add some 'sed' magic in
debian/rules.d/1-maintainer.mk in the 'updateconfigs' target to hack
CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO_BTF into the form you want, e.g.,

sed -i 's/# CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO_BTF is not set/CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO_BTF=y/'
debian.master/config/config.common.ubuntu
sed -i '/CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO_BTF/d' debian.master/config/annotations

The problem with this method is that it leaves modified config files
that you might accidentally commit.

rtg