[SRU][F][PULL][PATCH v2 00/23] Cherry-pick the upstreamed mlxbf-gige driver
asmaa at nvidia.com
Fri Jul 9 19:08:07 UTC 2021
The mlxbf-gige driver has just been upstreamed so linux-bluefield needs to be synced up with what we have upstreamed.
IMPORTANT: during testing, make sure the latest UEFI (bootloader) is loaded on top of these changes, otherwise both the gpio driver and mlxbf-gige driver will fail to load.
* reverted 20 commits related to the mlxbf-gige driver and 1 commit related to gpio-mlxbf2 driver since there are dependencies between them.
* Cherry-picked f92e1869d74e1acc6551256eb084a1c14a054e19 from net-next branch. The upstreamed version of the GPIO driver removed the dependency between the mlxbf-gige driver and gpio-mlxbf2 driver.
* added code that was left out of the upstreamed version. and added code that got reverted in gpio-mlxbf2.c
* updated the UEFI ACPI table to reflect the above changes (so the bootloader and the linux drivers need to be in sync)
* oob_net0 coming up after several SW_RESET or reboot
* oob_net0 coming up after several powercycles
* oob_net0 coming up after pushing a new Ubuntu/CentOS/Yocto
* rmmod/modprove mlxbf_gige several times
* OOB PXE boot multiple times from UEFI menu
* automate OOB PXE boot and do reboot
* automate OOB PXE boot and do powercycle
* Test that GPIO7 reset still works on BlueSphere like boards
Any of the test cases above could be impacted due to these changes.
More information about the kernel-team