[SRU][F:linux-bluefield][PATCH 04/21] xdp: Cpumap redirect use frame_sz and increase skb_tailroom
bodong at nvidia.com
Mon Jul 5 15:39:42 UTC 2021
From: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <brouer at redhat.com>
Knowing the memory size backing the packet/xdp_frame data area, and
knowing it already have reserved room for skb_shared_info, simplifies
using build_skb significantly.
With this change we no-longer lie about the SKB truesize, but more
importantly a significant larger skb_tailroom is now provided, e.g. when
drivers uses a full PAGE_SIZE. This extra tailroom (in linear area) can be
used by the network stack when coalescing SKBs (e.g. in skb_try_coalesce,
see TCP cases where tcp_queue_rcv() can 'eat' skb).
Signed-off-by: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <brouer at redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Alexei Starovoitov <ast at kernel.org>
Acked-by: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at redhat.com>
(cherry picked from commit db612f749e2454c506f20155bba2871f0307d133)
Signed-off-by: Maxim Mikityanskiy <maximmi at nvidia.com>
Reviewed-by: Moshe Shemesh <moshe at nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Bodong Wang <bodong at nvidia.com>
kernel/bpf/cpumap.c | 21 +++------------------
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)
diff --git a/kernel/bpf/cpumap.c b/kernel/bpf/cpumap.c
index a367fc8..b0ff11c 100644
@@ -171,25 +171,10 @@ static struct sk_buff *cpu_map_build_skb(struct bpf_cpu_map_entry *rcpu,
/* Part of headroom was reserved to xdpf */
hard_start_headroom = sizeof(struct xdp_frame) + xdpf->headroom;
- /* build_skb need to place skb_shared_info after SKB end, and
- * also want to know the memory "truesize". Thus, need to
- * know the memory frame size backing xdp_buff.
- * XDP was designed to have PAGE_SIZE frames, but this
- * assumption is not longer true with ixgbe and i40e. It
- * would be preferred to set frame_size to 2048 or 4096
- * depending on the driver.
- * frame_size = 2048;
- * frame_len = frame_size - sizeof(*xdp_frame);
- * Instead, with info avail, skb_shared_info in placed after
- * packet len. This, unfortunately fakes the truesize.
- * Another disadvantage of this approach, the skb_shared_info
- * is not at a fixed memory location, with mixed length
- * packets, which is bad for cache-line hotness.
+ /* Memory size backing xdp_frame data already have reserved
+ * room for build_skb to place skb_shared_info in tailroom.
- frame_size = SKB_DATA_ALIGN(xdpf->len + hard_start_headroom) +
- SKB_DATA_ALIGN(sizeof(struct skb_shared_info));
+ frame_size = xdpf->frame_sz;
pkt_data_start = xdpf->data - hard_start_headroom;
skb = build_skb_around(skb, pkt_data_start, frame_size);
More information about the kernel-team