[SRU Request] bonding: arp monitoring is failing with tuntap interfaces

Krzysztof Kozlowski krzysztof.kozlowski at canonical.com
Tue Dec 14 06:48:27 UTC 2021

On 13/12/2021 18:13, Nicolas Dichtel wrote:
> Hi Krzysztof,
>
> Le 19/11/2021 à 16:50, Krzysztof Kozlowski a écrit :
>
> [snip]
>
>> Following Linux kernel stable process allows entire community and all
>> users to benefit from stable backports. It's also straightforward and
>> effortless for downstream users. Therefore the patch, when submitted
>> upstream, should have a CC-stable tag with optional Fixes tag.
> Just for my information, does this means that all patches backported in
> linux-stable are also backported in Ubuntu kernels?
> In other words, there is no need of SRU request for this kind of patches?

Correct, at least mostly. Ubuntu kernel which tracks upstream LTS
release (e.g. Focal v5.4) obviously receives all upstream stable updates.
Other Ubuntu kernels (e.g. Bionic v4.15), where the kernel is not
supported upstream anymore, receive such updates as well from a closest
stable update, if it applies.

Best regards,
Krzysztof