[SRU Xenial 0/2] LP: #1905475 Fix powerpc build

Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo cascardo at canonical.com
Tue Nov 24 23:10:05 UTC 2020

After uaccess flush backport, a powerpc flavor stopped building. This was due
to a backport of a file that was not present in 4.4 and was even broken on
upstream stable 4.4. We were just a little more broken due to differences in
the backport.

The potential regression might sound a little scary, but it's due to changes in
the area of code that copies data to and from userspace. I managed to at least
test that one of the flavors boot on an G4 iBook, though not the one that was
failing to build.

[Impact]
powerpc flavor powerpc64-emb fails to build with kernel 4.4.0-196.

[Test case]
Build the kernel with all powerpc flavors.

[Potential regression]
The kernel might still not boot. Userspace data might be corrupted when kernel
writes to it. Kernel might not read userspace data correctly and on-disk data
would get corrupted.

Daniel Axtens (1):
  powerpc/uaccess-flush: fix corenet64_smp_defconfig build

Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo (1):
  UBUNTU: SAUCE: powerpc/uaccess: only include kup-radix.h on
    PPC_BOOK3S_64

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kup.h  | 2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ppc_ksyms.c | 4 ++--

2.27.0