[SRU D 0/3] Fix TLS sockets partial reads

Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo cascardo at canonical.com
Wed Jul 22 19:33:59 UTC 2020

BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1888381

tls net kernel selftests start timing out.

Kleber has identified the backport of commit 692d7b5d1f91 ("tls: Fix recvmsg()
to be able to peek across multiple records") as the responsible for this
regression.

It turns out this commit has 4 fixups upstream, 3 of which can be easily cherry
picked, while the fourth one seems related to TLS 1.3 support, which is not
included in our 5.0 kernels yet.

Picking those 3 commits allow the tests to pass without issues.

[Impact]
Partial reads on TLS sockets will cause processes to wait indefinitively.

[Test case]
Run tls net selftests from the kernel source tree.

[Regression potential]
We only touch code on the TLS socket family itself, so regressions on
subsystems other than the one we are fixing is highly unlikely.

Jakub Kicinski (3):
  net/tls: fix lowat calculation if some data came from previous record
  net/tls: fix no wakeup on partial reads
  net/tls: fix poll ignoring partially copied records

2.25.1