[SRU Bionic] LP: #1886860 strikes back

Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo cascardo at canonical.com
Wed Aug 26 19:27:21 UTC 2020

BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1886860

So, when I submitted the backport for this one [1], it had that hunk just fine.
But, apparently, a version coming from the stable series was preferred, and
that version missed the hunk included in the following commit.

That commit came from 4.14.y, as that hunk was missing there. What I tested
back then was the resulting version of applying this patch on top of what ended
up being applied. So, impact, test case and potential regressions are what they
originally were on LP: #1886860.

Cascardo.

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kernel-team/2020-July/112328.html