linux-aws kernel lacks zram.ko but builds it, can it be packaged?

Piotr Karbowski piotr.karbowski at protonmail.ch
Wed Apr 15 20:56:59 UTC 2020

Hi Kernel Team,

About 3 years ago[1] I've reported that linux-aws kernel builds zram.ko
module but the package lacks it. Seems like easy fix, just a matter of
changing what files goes into final .deb package.

My workflow on AWS require zram.ko, and building it myself is right now
required, along with some tier 3 hackery to re-build it for every kernel
version that gets auto updated.

Could you please include the zram.ko in linux-aws package?

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-aws/+bug/1715577

-- Piotr.