[SRU][B/E][linux-firmware 0/1] missing sof-cfl.ri symbol link in the Bionic and Eoan

Hui Wang hui.wang at canonical.com
Mon Apr 27 01:47:37 UTC 2020

BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1875263

[Impact]
some ubuntu eoan/bionic users reported that the audio driver failed
to initialize, then the audio didn't work. I checked the dmesg, found
the sof driver planed to load sof-cfl.ri, but there is no this
firmware under eoan or bionic.

[Fix]
I consulted with Intel audio team, they told me that the coffeelake
platform could share the firmware with cnl/whl platoforms, so we could
build a symbol link sof-cfl->sof-cnl.

[Test Case]
A couple of ubuntu users already tested it on Dell and Asus coffeelake
laptops, it worked well.

[Regression Risk]
Low, users already tested it, and Intel audio team confirmed it is safe.

Hui Wang (1):
  linux-firmware: symbol link sof-cfl.ri and sof-cfl.ldc

 intel/sof/sof-cfl.ldc | 1 +
 intel/sof/sof-cfl.ri  | 1 +
 2 files changed, 2 insertions(+)
 create mode 120000 intel/sof/sof-cfl.ldc
 create mode 120000 intel/sof/sof-cfl.ri

--
2.17.1