Cherry-pick request (LaunchPad bug #1871688)

Kelsey Skunberg kelsey.skunberg at canonical.com
Mon Apr 20 19:09:24 UTC 2020

On 2020-04-08 14:52:51 , Matt Coleman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Recently, I've been working with the LIO team to fix iSCSI issues in our device fleet. These issues cause the LIO subsystem to hang, which does not hardlock the system but will lead to `targetcli` processes and I/O in certain ConfigFS directories hanging indefinitely. I'd like to request three commits to be backported into the xenial, bionic, and focal kernels, which will fix the most frequently-occurring hang that I've seen.
>
> I've described the issue in detail in this LaunchPad bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1871688
>
> The commits to backport are:
> * https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/e49a7d994379278d3353d7ffc7994672752fb0ad
> * https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/57c46e9f33da530a2485fa01aa27b6d18c28c796
> * https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/626bac73371eed79e2afa2966de393da96cf925e
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

Hi Matt,

I submitted the requested patches to the Ubuntu kernel mailing list for further
review to be backported to Bionic and Focal. For now, Xenial was left out as two
of the patches do not apply cleanly. I'll work to check into this further soon.

Thank you for the request and information!

-Kelsey