Cherry-pick request (LaunchPad bug #1871688)

Matt Coleman mcoleman at datto.com
Wed Apr 8 18:52:51 UTC 2020

Hello,

Recently, I've been working with the LIO team to fix iSCSI issues in our device fleet. These issues cause the LIO subsystem to hang, which does not hardlock the system but will lead to `targetcli` processes and I/O in certain ConfigFS directories hanging indefinitely. I'd like to request three commits to be backported into the xenial, bionic, and focal kernels, which will fix the most frequently-occurring hang that I've seen.

I've described the issue in detail in this LaunchPad bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1871688

The commits to backport are:
* https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/e49a7d994379278d3353d7ffc7994672752fb0ad
* https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/57c46e9f33da530a2485fa01aa27b6d18c28c796