Unknown symbol cfg80211_get_station

Sven Eckelmann sven at narfation.org
Wed Jul 10 09:56:18 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 10 July 2019 10:56:36 CEST Stefan Bader wrote:
[...]
> >> As Jens pointed out the missing modules are in linux-modules-extra not in
> >> linux-modules (the former is not installed by default).
> >
> > Who is Jens and where did he point something out?
> >
> > On Saturday, 6 July 2019 17:22:01 CEST Moritz Warning wrote:
> >> The module linux-modules-extra-4.15.0-1032 installs the following files:
>
> Sorry, I meant Moritz ^

But he said something else. Or maybe I misunderstood him.

I think Moritz meant that he didn't find the cfg80211.ko for his kernel. And
thus cannot run batman-adv due to the missing dependency (which was introduced
because the kernel was compiled with cfg80211 but the cfg80211.ko was then not
shipped).

I also just tried to find linux-modules-extra-4.15.0-1032 but there are only
following packages in bionic:

* linux-modules-extra-4.15.0-1032-azure
* linux-modules-extra-4.15.0-1032-gcp
* linux-modules-extra-4.15.0-1032-gke

There is none which looks like it is for aws (something like
linux-modules-extra-4.15.0-1032-aws).

Kind regards,
	Sven