APPLIED/Cmnt: [Disco SRU] Disco update: 5.0.20 upstream stable release

Stefan Bader stefan.bader at canonical.com
Mon Aug 12 10:11:29 UTC 2019

On 23.07.19 09:07, Khaled Elmously wrote:
> The following patches were skipped since they were already present:
>
> 0025-brcmfmac-assure-SSID-length-from-firmware-is-limited.patch (present)
> 0026-brcmfmac-add-subtype-check-for-event-handling-in-dat.patch (present)
> 0099-net-hns3-fix-for-TX-clean-num-when-cleaning-TX-BD.patch (present)
> 0102-net-hns3-use-atomic_t-replace-u32-for-arq-s-count.patch
> 0185-scsi-libsas-Do-discovery-on-empty-PHY-to-update-PHY-.patch
> 0191-net-hns3-free-the-pending-skb-when-clean-RX-ring.patch
> 0203-net-hns3-fix-keep_alive_timer-not-stop-problem.patch
> 0205-net-hns3-add-error-handler-for-initializing-command-.patch
> 0220-net-hns3-check-resetting-status-in-hns3_get_stats.patch
> 0221-net-hns3-add-protect-when-handling-mac-addr-list.patch
> 0245-RDMA-hns-Fix-bad-endianess-of-port_pd-variable.patch
> 0294-e1000e-Disable-runtime-PM-on-CNP.patch
>

> And this patch needed minor context adjustment:
>
> /tmp/patches/0280-selinux-avoid-uninitialized-variable-warning.patch

None of the above information was present in the stable tracking bug. Nor the
list of applied patches. And the format of the patches in this email is one to
give the maximum of pain to anyone trying to figure out why those where skipped.

Since we are late, I added all that to the bug report now. Otherwise this is not
an acceptable way of doing those because once applied the only source of
information that is easy to find is the bug report.

Applied to disco/master-next. Thanks.

-Stefan