APPLIED/cmt: [Disco/snapdragon] [PULL] Import Disco/snapdragon topic kernel branch

Seth Forshee seth.forshee at canonical.com
Tue Apr 2 20:31:33 UTC 2019

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 01:08:13PM +0100, Paolo Pisati wrote:
> Following Bionic/snapdragon, fork off snapdragon support into its own Disco
> topic kernel branch.
>
> * Based on latest Disco/master-next
> * Qualcomm BSP rebased from [1]/integration-linux-qcomlt
> * Packaging imported from Bionic/snapdragon and adjusted toward Disco/generic
>
> All core compontets are working fine (wifi, bluetooth, display, usb, serial,
> internal emmc, etc) - tested on my dragon410c, both in Ubuntu Classic and Core.
>
> 1: http://git.linaro.org/landing-teams/working/qualcomm/kernel.git
>

> The following changes since commit 161758a10ce310e0b3b38f7bfa13c59068e404fa:
>
>   platform/x86: ideapad-laptop: Add Ideapad 530S-14ARR to no_hw_rfkill list (2019-03-27 08:13:33 -0500)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   https://git.launchpad.net/~p-pisati/ubuntu/+source/linux 40f182286c3cc4c11a938e30df95951ad144ff4b
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 40f182286c3cc4c11a938e30df95951ad144ff4b:
>
>   UBUNTU: Ubuntu-snapdragon-5.0.0-1007.7 (2019-03-28 14:00:00 +0100)

I've applied this with some changes. The first big change was to revert
the old snapdragon support patches on master-next rather than on the
snapdragon topic branch. Then I rebased your snapdragon branch on top of
this, and all the reverts just fell out.

There was one patch you hadn't reverted though, "UBUNTU: SAUCE:
(snapdragon) arm64: defconfig: enable REMOTEPROC," so I added this to
the start of the patches for the snapdragon topic branch. I did this
only because not having it caused conflicts with later patches. I'd
honestly prefer that we should just drop all of the "arm64: defconfig"
patches, because they aren't going to affect the kernel we build and
they are often a headache when rebasing, but if you think it's useful to
have them we can keep them.

I also squashed together most of the config patches into a single patch
as was done for bionic, and I synced in some additional packaging
changes from debian.master. This is now pushed to the disco/snapdragon
branch, and I've updated master-next to remove the arm64 snapdragon
flavor. I also pushed an initial snapdragon branch for linux-meta.
Please take a look and let me know if you see any problems. Thanks!