Cosmic Kernel git repository

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Mon Oct 22 08:34:03 UTC 2018

Hi,

when the Ubuntu 18.10 Cosmic release came close I tried to find it's kernel
repository at its usual place[1], where the previous ones resided, but I never
found it. Also now, with Cosmic released it's still not there.

It seems that a possible candidate is in the kernel-ppa/mirror directory[1],
but your Documentation[2] still points at[0], the "Obtaining [...] kernel
sources [...]"  sections example does not work for cosmic:

# git clone git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-cosmic.git
Cloning into 'ubuntu-cosmic'...
fatal: remote error: access denied or repository not exported: /ubuntu/ubuntu-cosmic.git

The Docs[2] are a bit dated (last edited 2010) but Bionic still works with
this method.

So, was it just forgotten to setup the git repository (mirror) there or was
there a change to a new URL schema?

cheers,
Thomas

[0]: http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ubuntu/