[SRU Xenial][Patch 0/1] fix false positives in W+X checking

Manoj Iyer manoj.iyer at canonical.com
Tue May 15 20:06:35 UTC 2018

Please review and consider this patch to Xenial to fix false positives
in W+X checking. The patch was backported from linus's tree, the
upstream patch recently landed in linus's tree so the backport might
need careful review.

Since Cavium ThunderX crbs were the only systems that were certified
with Xenial 4.4 kernel, I built a kernel and tested it on that platform.
I did not see any regressions and the kernel booted fine.