[pull][bionic] patches to boot bionic on hisilicon D06 ARM64 server reference board

Manoj Iyer manoj.iyer at canonical.com
Thu Mar 15 22:05:05 UTC 2018

On Thu, 15 Mar 2018, Manoj Iyer wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Mar 2018, Seth Forshee wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 09, 2018 at 09:54:39AM -0600, Manoj Iyer wrote:
>>>
>>> Please consider pulling the following patches that were cherry-picked from
>>> 4.16-rc.  These patches are required to for Bionic to boot on the
>>> Hisilicon
>>> D06 ARM64 server reference boards. The patches are to hisi_sas driver and
>>> PCI subsystem. Please note there are 2 sauces patches to hisi_sas driver
>>> that is required for the driver to detect the drives and be able to load
>>> as
>>> a module, these are currently making its way upstream.
>>>
>>> A test kernel is available at: ppa:manjo/uose. This kernel was touch
>>> tested
>>> on Hisilicon D06, Hisilicon D05, and QDF2400 ARM64 servers. I ran the cert
>>> tests on the D06 boards and got good results. No error messages in dmesg
>>> wrt
>>> to the patches that were applied.
>>
>> I don't see anything too objectionable in this pull. You didn't say
>> anything about regression testing on other architectures though, which I
>> would like to see on account of the changes to common PM and PCI code.
>> Could you do some smoke testing with other architectures to confirm
>> there aren't any obvious regressions?
>
> yes I can run cert on a amd64 box and report back to you. I will use the
> latest ppa:manjo/uose3 which has all three "groups" of patches applied.

You can find a the cert results on kernel in ppa:manjo/uose3 here:
http://people.canonical.com/~manjo/cert/amd64-submission_2018-03-15T21.57.05.013841.html

this was run on an AMD64 machine located in the cert teams maas server.
Due to a setup/configuration issue with the systems there the lxd test
failed coz it could not fetch bionic images.

But the system is stable after cert runs, it reboots ok and nothing
strange in the dmesg. oomkiller did kill a few tests that were aggressive.

--
Manoj Iyer