bionic-proposed packaging: linux-image-generic updates before the linux-image-ver-generic becomes available

Lapshin Dmitry ldvsoft at ldvsoft.net
Fri Jul 13 18:56:01 UTC 2018

Hello!

Looks like I have seen this bug 2 times already. On the day when Linux
in -proposed repository is updated, all the required packages are
present (like headers, modules, modules-extra etc) except the signed
kernel package. The unsigned one is available.

For example, right now (12th of July, 21:35 UTC+03) I have these
packages in lists from bionic-proposed:
  linux-headers-4.15.0-27-generic
  linux-headers-4.15.0-28-generic
  linux-image-4.15.0-27-generic
  linux-image-unsigned-4.15.0-27-generic
  linux-image-unsigned-4.15.0-28-generic
  linux-modules-4.15.0-27-generic
  linux-modules-4.15.0-28-generic
  linux-modules-extra-4.15.0-27-generic
  linux-modules-extra-4.15.0-28-generic
and updated linux-image-generic already depends on missing
linux-image-4.15.0-28-generic.

This feels like the packages are uploaded before all of them are
actually done.

Hopefully this is helpful for your great work at providing Linux kernel
to ubuntu,

Lapshin Dmitry.