APPLIED/cmt: [Xenial][linux-firmware 0/2] adding rtl bt firmware to Xenial

Seth Forshee seth.forshee at canonical.com
Fri Feb 9 14:38:15 UTC 2018

On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 11:18:35AM +0800, Hui Wang wrote:
> BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/1747336
>
> We have an OEM bug, the BT can't work on that machine, the root cause is the
> bt driver can't find the firmware files.
>
> These two firmware files are already in the artful and bionic, only xenial needs them.
>
> [Test Case]
> boot the system and connnect the bt devices, all works well
>
> [Fix]
> Backport the uptream patch
>
> [Regression Potential]
> No

Applied, but a few comments:

 - Rather than just saying "No" for the regression potential, it would
   be better to say something about these being new files and so they
   will have no impact on already working devices.

 - You need to add the SRU justification to the bug report.

 - In the future please be sure that you add "BugLink:" before the links
   to the bugs in the commit messages. I have fixed this for you when
   applying the patches.

With the bug links fixed, applied to linux-firmware/xenial. Thanks!