cgroup: remove cgroup directory leading kernel crash in kill_css

Seth Forshee seth.forshee at canonical.com
Fri Feb 9 14:22:46 UTC 2018

On Thu, Feb 08, 2018 at 08:08:12AM +0000, haibinzhang(张海斌) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We got feedback from customer that cvm(cloud virtual machine) crashed when using kubelet updating container-service in ubuntu xenial. Logs show as follow.
> We find a patch (commit 33c35aa4817864e056fd772230b0c6b552e36ea2) in linux mainline, which can indeed fix this bug. But ubuntu-xenial.git has not merged it yet.
>
> Do you guys have a plan for merging?

The commit looks reasonable, though it's only tagged for 4.5+ and xenial
is only 4.4 (assuming you aren't on an hwe kernel) which likely explains
why we didn't get it in xenial. In any case, for SRU you need a bug in
launchpad. If you don't have a bug already please file one, then point
us at your bug.

Thanks,
Seth