Please cherry-pick for LP#1600092

Aaron Peromsik aaron at peromsik.net
Fri Sep 2 16:28:32 UTC 2016

Please consider the cherry-pick requested in LP#1600092 for Xenial
stable kernel updates.

It would be nice if this fix could be added to the stable kernel for
Xenial. Otherwise (a) I will have to keep building my own kernel with
this cherry-pick every time you release an update, and more importantly
(b) other people with the same hardware who want to try the LTS release
for the first time, or upgrade from earlier releases, will be faced with
blank screens.  The same commit may also fix LP#1579481 .

Thanks,

-- Aaron Peromsik

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1600092

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/c8213a638f65bf487c10593c216525952cca3690