16.04.2 - Rolling HWE Kernel

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Wed Nov 30 13:41:27 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 2:56 AM, Art LaForge <art.laforge8 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi leann: I am not a power user. Just hate Microsoft so I  do my best to
> keep current with LTS releases of Ubuntu. I did an upgrade right after
> receiving your email. I don't know what happened but my system will not
> boot now. Stops at the motherboard display, when I check my bios settings I
> see the hard drives are not detected nor can I boot from the cd?? Would
> appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Art LaForge

Hi Art,

Thanks for the email.  For tracking purposes, could we have you first file
a bug in Launchpad:

<goog_737686492>
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+filebug

When filling in the bug description, please include the information you
have described above, but could you also elaborate on the details of your
upgrade?  Did you indeed specifically install the linux-hwe-edge kernel
from xenial-proposed?  Or did you only pull in available updates for Xenial
(which would not have given you the linux-hwe-edge kernel)?  Or did you
fully upgrade to the 16.10 Yakkety release?  Also in the bug report, could
you tell us which platform/hardware you are seeing this on?

Please email us back with the bug number once you have everything filed.

Thanks,
Leann