invalid argument at increasing arp cache

Hajo Locke Hajo.Locke at gmx.de
Wed Nov 30 09:18:14 UTC 2016

Hello List,

Am 24.10.2016 um 20:19 schrieb Joseph Salisbury:
> On 10/24/2016 09:24 AM, Hajo Locke wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> currently we are effected by this bug.
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-lts-trusty/+bug/1634892
>>
>> We have some high traffic servers and since last updates it is a
>> problem for us not beeing able to increase arp-cache.
>>
>> In contrast to bug-reporter only our Ubuntu14 Machines are effected.
>> Ubuntu12/Ubuntu16 works fine.
>> Ist there a kind of workaround possible until this bug is fixed?
>> We did a reboot with older kernel but since last securityupdares i
>> dont have a goof feeling about this.
>>
>> Is there a possible workaround for us to fix this problem beforehand?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Hajo
>>

> I built a test kernel and posted a download location to it in the bug
> report.

People on Bugreport page confirmed functionality. But when this fix will
appear in official kernel-release?
Today i updated Trusty Tahr/14.04 to 3.13.0-103-generic and this problem
is still present.
This is a problem for all people who use 14.04 in high frequented
environments, just like nameservers.

> Thanks,
>

> Joe

Thanks,