Zesty v4.9-rc5 kernel call for testing

Colin Ian King colin.king at canonical.com
Wed Nov 16 12:58:20 UTC 2016

On 15/11/16 21:39, Tim Gardner wrote:
> Zesty linux-4.9.0-1.2 has landed in -proposed. Note that vbox and AUFS
> are not yet implemented. I've also switched to the Zesty repositories
> for kernel, meta, and signed.
>
> git://git.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-kernel/ubuntu/+source/linux/+git/zesty
>
> As usual, the master-next branch reflects what is in -proposed and under
> development whereas master reflects what is in -release.
>
> git://git.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-kernel/ubuntu/+source/linux-meta/+git/zesty
> git://git.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-kernel/ubuntu/+source/linux-signed/+git/zesty
>
> rtg

ZFS not working for me, can't modprobe zfs.ko

Ran through a bunch of tests, x86-64 only:

X220, camelback SDP, VM boot tests:	OK

32 on 64 test		OK
bpf jit			OK
btrfs kernel fixes	still running (takes forever!)
cts kernel		OK
cve kernel		OK
kvm unit tests		- build fails -fPIC, userspace issue
ecryptfs		OK
fan smoke test		OK
futex			OK
generic fs test		OK
kernel self tests	OK
leap seconds		OK
load live patch modules	OK
loop smoke test		OK
lxc test		OK
overlayfs smoke test	OK

seccomp			failed on final test
squashfs smoke test	OK
stress smoke test	OK
stress btrfs		OK
stress btrfs cmd	test fails, problem with the autotest methinks
unionmount overlayfs	OK

zfs fs tests		FAILED - no zfs module, modprobe zfs failed.
zfs smoke tests		ditto
zfs xfs tests		ditto

qrt_apparmor		"Run libapparmor test suite" FAIL
			"Run libapparmor test suite3" FAIL
			5 tests failed
qrt_kernel		tests don't run
qrt aslr collisions	OK
qrt_kernel_hardening	OK
qrt_kernel_panic	OK
qrt_kernel_security	OK

S3 suspend/resume x2 25 PK

stress-ng --seq 0 --aggressive --maximize -t 60 -v
 - fiemap got stuck (can't kill HUP, KILL, STOP procs)

Colin